Monday, August 07, 2006

Pam's mother

I apologise to those of you who don't know us or our families for the personal nature of this message.

Pam phoned me last night and told me that her mother is still not very well at all. When she visited her yesterday Marjorie was slipping in and out of consciousness and was having real problems with her breathing. Pam will see the doctor today and get a clearer picture of the extent of the problem.

Just to add to her problems the insurance company that her father uses for his car will not cover Pam to drive it. Apparently, the girl Pam spoke to on the phone was very rude and not at all helpful. Pam neither needed nor deserved that. So she is going down to the local garage to see if they have a car for hire. It is bad enough having her mother seriously ill without having the added complication of not being able to get anywhere.

In the meantime I have to go back to the optician with my glasses. When I had an eye test it was clear I needed new lenses. The first ones that arrived didn't have the anti-reflective coating I'd ordered. The coating on the replacement pair is obviously faulty because they look like they have smears all over them.

They say it never rains but what it pours. Still mine is a very minor problem compared with Pam's.


No comments: