Thursday, September 10, 2015

From famine to feast

On Monday I wrote about the issues we were having regarding television. With only a handful of news channels to watch, the situation was not great.

As I said, we had someone coming to install an IPTV box but we were still waiting for a response from Movistar regarding our satellite box.

Luckily Movistar had opened another route to pass on information about faults and so at last I was able to communicate directly with their technical department. It seems that they have a scheme whereby owners of the original HD boxes like ours can have a new box installed free of charge for a nominal monthly fee. I jumped at the offer and awaited the call from an installer.

That call came yesterday morning and true to their word an installer arrived with a new box. The man said that the principal difference was that the new box had a much larger hard drive to record programmes on. I corrected him by saying that actually the main difference was that the new box worked. Let us hope that it continues to do so.

Later on in the day a young man came to install the IPTV box. There was a minor blip when the codes he had been given would not work but a quick phone call soon sorted that out. I had to make a few minor adjustments to the television to get the picture to fill the screen and then we started to explore what was available. It has been over ten years since we watched British television on a regular basis and a lot has changed in that time.

I am very impressed by the quality of the picture and sound even though it is not HD. There is no delay in the picture appearing and no jitter whatsoever. For all intents and purposes we could be watching television back in our old house in Greasby.

The question now is, should I watch Good Morning as I eat my breakfast?

No comments: