Although this Weber Genesis Silver B is at least 14 years old, the condition as you can see is very good and of course it still grills perfectly.
The original grills were enamelled steel which I replaced with stainless steel ones. The piezo electric igniter still works first time however the shrouding has rusted and so I have a replacement ready for the new owner to install.
Weber gas barbecues are meant to run on propane and so the regulator is for a large propane bottle.
The main features of this BBQ are as follows:
- Three 12,000 BTU stainless steel burners
- Five stainless steel "Flavorizer" bars to optimize heat distribution, create smoke and protect burners from drippings.
- 424 square inches of primary cooking area.
- Solid welded frame that makes it very stable.
- Thermaset fold out table on the left.
- Three tool hooks on the right.
- It even comes with a cover (not Weber though).
The advantage of the three burner system is that you can cook directly or indirectly with this grill. As a rule of thumb you would cook anything that takes less than 20 minutes directly i.e. with the food placed over a lighted burner. Anything that needs more time should be cooked indirectly i.e. over the centre with the front and back burners on or even at the front with just the back burner lighted. I often start by cooking directly to create sear marks on the food and seal in juices and then continue indirectly to ensure that the food is thoroughly cooked.
Whichever way you cook, it is recommended to keep the lid down throughout the process. That way you both prevent flare ups and distribute the heat evenly like in an oven.
So there you are, a free high quality barbecue to start your new year's outdoor grilling. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested or call round if you live nearby.