Wednesday, April 05, 2006

The boss is back

I went to pick up Pamela last night from Murcia airport. Those of you who have been there will know what a tiny little airport it is. Last night it was crowded. The passengers coming out had to run the gauntlet of people which stretched from the arrivals lounge out into the road. Many of the people waiting were reps from real estate companies ready to pick up their clients. As I waited I did wonder how many of these visitors would end up buying like we did. I expect this morning they will start the process of going round, looking at the area, looking at show houses etc. and finally making their life changing decisions. I hope it works out as well for them as it has for us.

Anyway back to Pam. Her flight was on time although she had to wait for the previous flight to clear before they unloaded her luggage. She’d had a good time back in England seeing friends, catching up on news, being with our daughters and most important enjoying some retail therapy. She was glad to get back to some warmth though. It was very warm here this last week and although it felt cold to me it was probably about 15 degrees last night at the airport which felt hot to Pam.

Pamela was pleasantly surprised that not only was the place tidy but it was clean. I had even done the washing so no smelly drawers to face this morning.. When she comes back Pam spends the first five minutes going round checking everything. The bins, the ashtrays and the dishwasher were all empty. So, good brownie points for Keith.

Tonight Pam is going to the opera in Orihuela to see La Traviata. Since the opera is performed in Italian, the lady who has organised it has provided a summary in Spanish which is no more comprehensible than the Italian.

Tomorrow we go to the presentation at the school and get our certificates for this term. I hope we have done as well but I’m not sure. I still get stuck with the pronouns so maybe it will just be “bien” rather than “muy bien” for me. Pam is much better with the grammatical structure so she should get “muy bien”. We will wait and see.

No comments: