Thursday, September 09, 2010

Phew!

Most of the pictures I take are shot in JPEG format. I let the camera do most of the processing and just perform a few tweaks in Photoshop to tidy them up.

For important events like the christening of our granddaughter though I take the photos in what is called RAW format. The files produced contain all the digital data unprocessed. This allows me to tweak the pictures without any loss of detail. I can correct the colour balance and exposure to get it just as I would want it to be. Once that is done, the images are converted to JPEGs for a final tweak in Photoshop before saving them to print out or publish on the Internet.

As you can imagine, it is a time consuming process. Hopefully, you will find the results are worth it!

IMG_6101a IMG_6138a
IMG_6123a IMG_6147a

You can see the rest of my pictures from the Christening here

No comments: