Monday, December 26, 2011

The angel’s choir

What a great treat that was. Better than watching the umpteenth rerun of The Sound of Music, the Adult and Children’s Choirs treated us to a real Christmas special. Plenty of traditional Spanish villancicos combined with classics like White Christmas, Silent Night and Jingle Bell Rock which for some reason they call Navidad Rock.

Many thanks to all those taking part for providing such a wonderful Christmas present and to Susana Vardayan for her hard work rehearsing the choir. 

IMG_5140 IMG_5143
IMG_5149 IMG_5168
IMG_5184 IMG_5187

PS We even had a brilliant rendering of the Mariah Carey version of All I Want For Christmas Is You in perfect English.

I don't want a lot for Christmas
There's just one thing I need
I don't care about the presents
Underneath the Christmas tree
I just want you for my own
More than you could ever know
Make my wish come true
All I want for Christmas is...
You

No comments: