Saturday, October 28, 2023

Homage Mk 3

 So tomorrow, in the Plaza de la Constitucion, my fellow artists and I will be exhibiting paintings from the homage to me that was first held in August. 

Since it will be impossible to display my photographs, I have contributed three of my paintings (as per my previous post). 

The day is going to be much more than that though as it marks the end of the celebrations in aid of AECC that started on the 19th of this month. 

At 10am the day will kick off with a walk around the town. Then there will be all sorts going on to interest you.

  • There will be commemorative T-shirts. 
  • A drum ensemble will beat out African rhythms.
  • A flock of pigeons is due to be released. 
  • A raffle with many great prizes.
  • There will be merchandise for you to buy. 
  • A photocall.
  • Helium balloons. 
  • A glitter table. 
  • Music (of course). 
  • To eat there will be meatballs and rice and no doubt plenty of beer and soft drinks to cool you down.  
  • And last but not least our exhibition of paintings all of which will be for sale with proceeds going to  AECC. 
After I have mounted my paintings, I'll be out and about with my camera. If you catch me, your photo may be on Facebook!

It is a great cause and as Bob Geldorf once said, "WE WANT YOUR MONEY!".



No comments: