Friday, January 14, 2011

A great result

Continuing with the saga of our boiler, I contacted a company called CaminSTAT to see what they could do. The technician arrived today at 5pm just as we were back from shopping. We signed all the necessary paperwork and the man set to on the service.

The boiler is probably in the most awkward position possible, inside a cupboard in the corner of the kitchen. Just getting to the side covers was bad enough, removing the top cover proved to be a real challenge but the technician was up to it and completed the work in just over an hour and ten minutes.

The total charge, which includes any work that needs to be done before the next service (but not including any parts) was 85 Euros – a damn sight less that the 398 you recall that Saunier Duval wanted to charge me.

Needless to say I am now a happy bunny – my boiler is now legally certified as working correctly (in truth, as far as I was aware, it was working perfectly well before it was serviced).

I never make recommendations lightly but in this case I would highly recommend anyone in this area who has a gas boiler that has not been serviced for the past year to contact them ASAP. Google the name and you will find them on the web. Tell them I recommended you, I won’t get any discount but at least the technician will know how much I appreciated his efforts.

No comments: