Sunday, April 24, 2011

Boy were they loud

If you were wondering what all the commotion was about this morning, that was the Encuentro. It is the moment when Mary discovers that her son Jesus has risen from the dead and so is cause for celebration - hence the fireworks.

I can only tell you that, however loud they might have seemed at Villas Andrea, they were an awful lot louder down in the town where they were being set off. The other thing I can tell you that you needed to be up early to witness all this. The procession starts, on time, from the church at 7:15am.

Now obviously those of you who enjoy an extra hour or two in bed will have missed it. For your benefit, here are the photos that I took. I met Angela outside the church so I know that she will be posting pictures on the town's web site as well.

And for those of you who think it is the same thing every year, let me tell you it isn’t. True, there are certain features that are common from year to year but each time there is a new twist which makes it worthwhile going to see.

Now I need a shower and perhaps a cat nap to catch up on my lost sleep!

No comments: