Monday, August 27, 2007

Picky Teachers 2

Back in February we had a Valentine's Dance with a very nice glossy ticket which unfortunately had a missing apostrophe.

This time we have an Open Air Music Festival at La Predera. They do of course mean La Pedrera (the Stone Quarry). It seems such a shame to go to the trouble of printing such attractive tickets only to get the name of the venue wrong. Even still, we are looking forward to what promises to be a good night.

Incidentally, we were up at La Pedrera for lunch yesterday. The food was excellent and very good value for money.

PS When I taught at Anfield many years ago I used to print tickets for various functions. I still remember the occasion when I printed 300 tickets for the school pantomime "Alladin". Fortunately a colleague spotted the mistake and I was able to reprint them before they were sold to the pupils. The correct spelling of course is Aladdin.

No comments: