Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Did I say it was going to rain?

imageThe forecasters said it would rain and by God they were right.

It had rained overnight on Sunday into yesterday morning but then stayed dry for much of the day.

When the rain came yesterday evening, it bucketed it down and has continued for most of the night.

Looking at my pool, I can see the rain has added two to three centimetres of water to the level and the pool box has about 2cms of water sitting in the bottom. The sealing job I did has obviously helped a lot there because last time it rained like this there was probably 5 to 6cms of water in the bottom.

Mind you it hasn’t stopped raining yet so there is a chance to find more water in the box by the time it stops. Tomorrow promises to be dry so that will give me a chance to try out the submersible pump I bought to clear the water out.

Our crumb of comfort is, that if we were living inland on high ground, we could now be looking out at about 10cms or more of snow and just look at the forecast for the rest of the week.

image

1 comment:

Maz said...

I see Madrid has got snow today! TVE makes amusing watching tonight. Castellon o Siberia? they say.