Wednesday, January 06, 2010

More snow from the Telegraph

Very kindly the Daily Telegraph have published photographs of the snow in places that are very familiar to me.

Penistone church Penistone church.

When I was a student, my parents lived there. Every holiday, I would deliver the post from the Post Office just round the corner.

I only ever went in the church twice, once for midnight mass on Christmas Eve and the other time to a funeral of a friend.
Queens square Queens Square in Liverpool.

I caught my bus to work each day from the bus stops on the right hand side of this picture.

No good going for it today though, the buses in Liverpool aren’t running.
Salecanal The canal at Sale, Cheshire. My daughter Laura and her boyfriend Dave used to have a flat looking over the canal.

When they lived there, this is more or less the scene I would see as I sat outside smoking my pipe.

If I’m not mistaken, those swans are the ones Dave christened Gilbert and George.
Penyghent When I was in the sixth form at school, we spent a lot of time in the Yorkshire Dales, hiking and potholing.

Pen-y-ghent is one of the famous three peaks (Pen-y-ghent (691m), Whernside (728m), and Ingleborough (723m) – a challenging walk of 25 miles starting and finishing at Horton in Ribblesdale. I've been up all three but not on hte same day!

No comments: