Thursday, June 21, 2012

Calling all performers

It isn’t yet July but already the town is preparing for the local fiesta in August.

This Saturday the queen will be elected – a process which I assume has taken place in the past. This time though, the election will take place in the park and the judges will come from other municipalities. The contestants will parade three times in different clothes and even different hairstyles.

Normally, I would be down there with my camera to get some shots. Sadly, I dropped my telephoto lens whilst in England and it is in London being repaired. Although the repair should be complete by the weekend, the lens will not be back in Spain before Saturday.

The other date for our diaries is the 12th August when there will be a talent competition with a top prize of 1,000 Euros. I spoke to Aurelio about this the other day. He told me it was open to all nationalities and would love to see some of the Brits from our estate perform on the night. To take part you need to register before the 20th July. So if you are a singer, a dancer, a magician or have any other performing talent, get your name down – we’ll cheer you on the night.

No comments: