Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A through job

The old adage that “you get what you pay for” applies to car servicing. When I lived in the UK, I always had my cars serviced by the franchised dealer. It might not have been cheap but at least I knew that the work was done to the manufacturer's specifications. 

Now I live in Spain and drive Skodas, I apply the same principle. From new, both the Skodas I have owned have been serviced by Rubio Movil  on Av. Gregorio Marañon, Torevieja.

The service receptionist there, Mercedes is extremely efficient. In all, I must have been to the garage no more than 6 or seven times but she recognises me and knows the car I am bringing in.

When I called to collect my car at lunchtime today, she took the trouble to outline to me all the work that had been done and also go through the mechanics report on every aspect of the vehicle down to the grease on the door hinges. I call that thorough; it gives me peace of mind to know that all is well with my car.

I have got a problem with synchromesh on second gear, which the mechanic confirmed (sorry, they are called technicians these days!). Mercedes said that, in light of the low mileage on the car and its age, they were going to ask if Skoda would pay a percentage of the cost of repair. Now that would be nice, thank you Mercedes.

So, bottom line, if you have a Skoda, Audi, Seat or VW and live in the area– then give Rubio Movil a try. I m sure you will not be disappointed with the level of service they provide. 

No comments: