Monday, September 01, 2008

Bang up to speed

The new Comtrend router arrived Friday (necessary to access ADSL2+) and this morning Telefónica switched me over from 3Mbs to 10Mbs connection.

Speed

The speed of my connection, as you can see, is 9551Kbs downstream and 260Kbs upstream.

But  as my friend Pete would point out, these are just the speed of pings to a server which happens to be in Elda nearby. What happens in real life may be very different.

Still it goes to show that when Telefónica say you can have 10Mbs that is what they mean.

1 comment:

graham said...

Hi Keith
I am a resident of Villas Andrea and an avid reader of your Blog, which I find very informative and most enjoyable.
I too took advantage of the recent Telefonica offer to upgrade ADSL from 3Mbs to 10Mbs. Within a few days the Comtrend CT5361 Router arrived by Courier, that was a couple of weeks ago and since then I have been trying to use it. Each time I try to connect, I end up with the same message, that my Laptop does not recognise the Router. I have tried all the diagnostics listed in the User Manual and the CD which came with the Router. I think it may have something to do with congiguring the Router but I am no expert. In view of your experience have you any suggestions
Regards
Graham