Monday, October 13, 2008

The little b******

We've not been troubled by mosquitoes here for a week or two now for which we are eternally thankful.

Last night though, I went to San Javier airport to collect Pamela. For whatever reason the whole environs of the airport was besieged by the little b******.

Normally I will wait outside the arrivals door and smoke my pipe. You can see the doors from the luggage reclaim area through the windows. As I stood, I could feel the insects on me and you could see literally dozens of them swarming around in the air.

So I put my pipe out and went inside where it was only marginally better. Thebeekeepersre was a couple stood next to me who seemed to be almost a magnet to the little blighters. As fast as they swatted one of them there were more to take its place.

The end result is that I now have bites on my neck, my face, my arm and my back. It was only because I was wearing trousers that my legs escaped.

I would advise anyone visiting the airport to collect passengers to invest in one of those suits that beekeepers wear along with the mask they put over their heads.

PS Pam paid a call to the loo whilst she was waiting for her case and got bitten on her bum!

No comments: