Wednesday, July 15, 2009

New layout

I don’t know – sometimes you embark on a new project and you quickly realise that far from being a simple ten minute task this is going to take a good hour or so.

As I said yesterday, it was time to update the layout of my blog. Not that there was anything wrong with the layout I was using but it was just a stock template with a few minor tweeks. It was a bit like a Marks and Spencer shirt – fine but you do see a lot of them around.

Those of you who visited this blog during the early part of the process would have found the banner picture way too big. On some screens you may have had to scroll across to see it all.

The question was, by how much to reduce it? Eventually I decided that it had to fit on my netbook so it came down to 1024 pixels wide. At that size it looked a bit awkward on my higher resolution desktop screen so I made a few changes to the picture which I hope you agree looks a lot better.

Many thanks to Pete for his suggestions and his input and to Maz for her kind comment about the new layout. I hope you like it because it could be some time before I change it again!

No comments: