Sunday, July 05, 2009

My that was hot

Was is just me or was it hotter yesterday than it has been all week? I reckon it was 36 degrees C outside and obviously hotter in the sun.

Pam and I love the summer weather and don’t mind the heat. You will rarely hear us complaining that it is too hot!

Yesterday though was a bit different. I cleaned the pool in the morning and did a bit of gardening. Having done enough work for the day, I put up the sun umbrella and laid out in the shade for awhile. After an hour or so I realised I was too hot to be comfortable so reluctantly, I retreated inside to watch the first stage of the Tour de France.

By about 5pm, the temperature had dropped, the sun was lower and cloud had rolled in so I was able to go back out and enjoy a swim in the pool. Early evening, it was very pleasant outside.

No comments: