Wednesday, July 01, 2009

Do I need to tweet?

I keep seeing references to Twitter on the Internet.  Apparently Stephen Fry twitters regularly as do a host of others, so why don’t I?

What the hell is it though?

Twitter is a  free  service which lets you send a 140-character message, or "tweet", to a site where anyone can read it, though it will only be sent directly to those who have chosen to "follow" you. It’s a bit like Facebook but more instant, it is microblogging.

You can go to the Twitter website and see some of this “conversation” for yourself or install a program  such as Madtwitter,Twitteroo or Twitterlicious to help you sort through the maze of tweets. Those of you who love gossip will be enthralled.

Do I need to tweet? In case you are interested, I’ve took  Pam her cup of tea about ten minutes ago and Ron Wilshire has just called to say he will come and clean the windows tomorrow. Now I’ve paused to take a sip of my tea. Fascinated? I thought not!

1 comment:

Pete said...

Bah! Twitter is like facebook - it's a blog for people with nothing to say!

You're better than that Keith!