Thursday, April 26, 2012

A stitch in time….

20120425_labores For those with nimble fingers and a desire to learn. Teresa Garcia Belmonte is running a workshop on ganchillo, bollilos, ponto de cruz, molde and costura which I know you understand means crochet, lace work, cross point, knitting and sewing.

The times are Mondays and Wednesdays at 5pm – not sure when they start though.

My mother did teach me how to knit when I was young but I found that too boring. However she also taught me how to sew using a machine.

In my late twenties -early thirties I made a number of garments: clothes for the children and costumes for their performances on the stage,  dresses for my wife and various items for myself including a very useful pair of waterproof over trousers for cycling which even had a Pertex lining to wick sweat away.

You know there’s more to me than just a shutter clicking finger!

No comments: