Friday, October 19, 2007

What a fright

There was a strange noise coming from the lounge this morning. When I investigated, I realised that we had a bird stuck in the chimney. The noise was the bird flapping its wings desperate to get out.

After a few minutes the blackbird left the chimney and flew into the lounge. It proceeded to do a tour of the room looking for an escape route. I quickly opened all the windows and the front door to let the bird out. After three or four attempts it managed to escape. Hopefully the bird will have learnt not to get into chimney pots. Better still it will warn other birds not to do the same.

2 comments:

Pete said...

Well done for saving the bird Keith. Although it can seem comical to those reading I remember a similar incident in my childhood and it's terrifying for both the people and the bird.

Ten out of ten - move to the top of the class!

Bigastroandbeyond said...

Actually I have to confess I was as much concerned about the damage the bird could do as I was about its welfare.

They'd had a bird in the house next door when it was empty. We never found the bird but we did see the mess it had made around the room.

I don't know what that bird had been eating but it was obviously corrosive.