Monday, March 29, 2010

Testing it out

IMG_1663 IMG_1664
IMG_1665 IMG_1666

I’ve been asked to take pictures of one of the performances at the Auditorium in April. It is a tricky place to get decent photographs because the lighting is from overhead. It would be better if they had some spotlights in the hall itself to throw light to the stage.

I’ve seen people using flash in the Auditorium but that just destroys the atmosphere. In any case, the ceiling is so high that the flash has to work hard to get any reach.

I planned to go up onto the balcony last night to get a view looking down to the band. That way you see more of them and they fill the frame. Unfortunately the door to the balcony was locked so I had to make do with sitting as high up in the main body of the Auditorium downstairs.

I just hope it works out for me in April and I get some decent shots for them

No comments: