Monday, August 13, 2012

Call me prude

There were some amazing acts at the talent show last night, singers, dancers and comedians. One nine year old boy thought he was in with a chance of winning the 1,000 euro top prize when the first judges gave him high marks. Thankfully, the other judges marked him lower.

I’ll admit the young man had a good stage presence and a damn good memory to roll off his prepared repertoire of jokes. For me though, he let himself down by telling jokes that would have made Roy Chubby Brown blush. Don’t get me wrong, in the right sort of environment, delivered by someone older, the jokes would have gone down well. But this was Bigastro and he was just a boy.

The worthy winner was a young lady with a powerful voice and the runners up were a band that opened the show. In fact, all of the contestants deserved prizes because they had put a lot of hard work into their performances. The real winners though were the audience who were given a real treat. I hope they do this again next year.

You can of course see my photos from the night along with those of the infant parade and the tapeo by clicking on the albums in the left hand sidebar. 

No comments: