Monday, September 03, 2012

Strictly for football fans

Whilst Pam and I were down in Darren and Hazel’s bar this morning (the terrace bar opposite the medical centre), Darren was telling me that he is showing English premiership matches on a big screen.

I can only think it is tribal thing but I’m told that even those with Sky packages in their homes like to go and watch games in a bar. I suppose the close proximity to a beer pump might just have something to do with it.

Incidentally, whilst I was there I asked Hazel about the bacon sandwiches she makes. Hazel told me that they are very popular with their Spanish customers and having seen the quality of the rashers I’m not surprised. Apparently they even like a spot of HP sauce on their bacon – well I never!!!

Apart from the tasty looking bacon, Hazel has a variety of other tapas on offer which all looked very fresh and appetising. Popping in for a coffee and a snack should make a visit to the doctor a lot more palatable. 

No comments: