Tuesday, April 05, 2016

Old rockers

I've been a fan of the Rolling Stones since the early 60s when I got to see them at Bradford. Since then, I've seen them three times at Sheffield, Wembley and Twickenham and on each occasion I've admired the raw quality of their performance.

Now, with a combined age of 268 years, they have launched a memorabilia exhibition in London which I hope to go and see in May when we are next over in the UK.

There are other bands who claim to be the "best in the world" but in terms of longevity, the Stones are hard to beat.

PS Pam's favourite is Charlie Watts - the quiet one. At least he hasn't dyed his hair and gone for hair implants as the others seem to have done. As for me, I like the weathered look of Keith Richards - I also admire his choice of guitars.

No comments: