Saturday, November 19, 2022

is it just my house?

 Since the thunderstorm, the electricity in my house has been stable. Today though, it has started fluctuating again. The symptoms are the same each time it happens. 

  • The halogen lights in the kitchen fluctuate between dim and bright.
  • The central heating boiler comes on for a brief second even when the heating is switched off.
  • The UPS that is the backup battery for my desktop computer signals a drop in voltage below the threshold that is set. 
It doesn't prevent most electrical items from working but it is annoying all the same. 

I asked one of our neighbours when he came to clean the windows if he experienced the same problems in his house  and he said, "no". 

This leads me to wonder if it is an issue with just my house or perhaps this particular street. 

No comments: