Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It is hard to believe

IMG_0013 Today is my youngest daughter’s 30th birthday; my how time flies. I can still remember the day she was born with the cord around her neck, blue from lack of oxygen. It took a whiff of gas to bring her to a normal pink and long moments before she made her first cry. I needn’t have worried though, Laura was a tough little cookie.

I recall how her older sister, Jemma would try and boss her about but Laura would have none of it and stood her ground well. If anything it is Laura who bosses her older sister these days. Thankfully, the pair of them grew up, not only as sisters but as best friends. When Laura was due to give birth to her own baby, it was Jemma that she wanted by her side with Dave. I like that a lot; I wish my brother and I were such good friends but sadly we are not.

There have been many times when I have felt justly proud of Laura. When she got her examination results, I was delighted, when she graduated at University I was “over the moon”. Then she found her own flat just before we left for Spain and made it a beautiful home. Later she moved to Manchester - a very brave step for someone on their own.

So, now Laura has a loving boyfriend (soon to be husband – I hope), a beautiful home, an adorable daughter of her own and she is thirty today. I think you will agree, she turned out quite stunning.

Laura, have a wonderful day, enjoy the moment and the well deserved presents you are bound to receive!

No comments: