Thursday, March 16, 2006

Orchards of Leisure of Bigastro


The Town Hall are inviting people to apply for what we would call an allotment. They start at 500m2 but could be larger and can be used to grow vegetables or flowers but not trees or shrubs. Although they must be well maintained and kept clean, only approved herbicides and insecticides can be used. You apply for one by filling in a form and paying a deposit of 15€ which will be returned once the contract is set up. If they have too many applicants then there will be a draw to determine who gets a plot. The rent is then 20€ per year for the five year contract.

You know I am almost tempted. Now what should I grow vegetables, fruit or flowers? Mind you with 500m2 I could grow all three. Good job I kept my trusty spade!

No comments: