Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Once bitten…..

Just as soon as you say, “we haven’t been bitten this year” it happens.

We do know better than to be out in the garden at night but the bites I got happened during the daytime. By the time I could feel the insects on me, it was too late, the damage was done. All I could do then was wait for the lump to appear and the itching to start. As per usual, that occurred during the early hours of the morning and persisted in a way that prevented me from getting back to sleep. Damn it I need as much beauty sleep as I can get!

Between the mosquitoes and the cicados, it is almost as if they are plotting to make the best months of the year miserable for us.

1 comment:

Maz said...

Have you tried dabbing a spot of Lavender essential oil on the bite. I always carry a small bottle with me when in Spain & France and everyone else are always dabbing it on their bites to stop the itching. I'm lucky - they don't like my blood. Oh and the lavender will help you sleep as well.