Monday, November 09, 2009

Orange alert

image

I don’t need to tell anyone who is living here that it is windy, very windy at the moment.As you can see most of this coast is on orange alert for wind today.

Yesterday there was a strong breeze during the daytime and then by night-time the wind picked up and was blowing at gale force all night. The howling wind outside and the furniture rattling on the roof made sleeping difficult. In fact that is probably the worst night’s sleep we have have had since moving here. I even got up and wandered round at some ungodly hour setting the burglar alarm off in the process. I apologise if that woke any of you up. Actually I doubt if anyone heard it over the sound of the wind.

I haven’t been outside to inspect the damage yet but I can already see the netting on the fence has torn loose at the bottom again. There are a few pots I can see that have blown over but everything else seems to be OK. Hopefully, the furniture on the roof will only have moved about. I’ll know more about that later when I brave going up there.

Anyway on to the weather for the rest of the week

image

It looks like the battering wind is expected to continue today and then start to drop towards tomorrow. So by the middle of the week, peace and calm should be restored for the time being. Fingers (and toes) crossed that we don’t get another battering like this for some time to come.

No comments: