Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Ni fu ni fa – I like that!

As we get deeper into our understanding of the Spanish language, Pam and I are starting to pick up some of those phrases which improve your conversation.

Peter Christian’s “Streetwise Spanish” helps a lot. These are some of his latest tips to spice up our Spanish.

¿Qué opinas de la moto nueva de Adriana? - What do you think ofAdriana's new motor scooter? Es cosa de cada domingo - It's a thing of every Sunday but translates better as: A dime a dozen/Ten a penny in English.

¿Qué tal la sopa? - How's the soup? Dos tres - Two three meaning: not bad. It's alright. Nothingspecial.

¿Te gusta la música de jazz? - Do you like Jazz music? No me dice nada - It does nothing for me

¿Te gusta el rape? - Do you like monkfish? Ni fu ni fa - I can take it or leave it.

1 comment:

Maz said...

Love the ni fu ni fa. Just got to remember it now.