Wednesday, January 05, 2011

The day rocked

Pam said we should stay over in England for my birthday and I did wonder why. I knew we were going shopping in Manchester because I needed a pair of trousers for winter. I thought that we would maybe stop in Marks & Spencer for lunch and then go back to Laura and Dave’s.

I did get to do do my shopping and found a pair of trousers. Then I was whisked of to a restaurant called Bem Brasil for a very special lunch. The deal is that you help yourself to rice, couscous etc from the buffet and then waiters bring round skewers of various meats which they carve for you at the table.

First out were delicious sausages; a foretaste of what was to come. Then there was chicken, succulent gammon, pork that melted in the mouth, the most tender rump steak, blood red venison, mouth watering lamb, more steak, more sausages and finally warm pineapple that had been coated with cinnamon.

Just when I thought it was over, the waiters brought me a chocolate cake complete with candles (thankfully not one for each year).

Amongst my cards was an envelope which had tickets for the hit show “We Will Rock You” at the Palace. So Pam and I had to hot foot it across town to catch the matinee. It turned out that Pam had booked online using the netbook I gave her – very cunning!

Many thanks to all those who made my birthday so special including those of you who sent me greetings. I am really looking forward now to my next birthday –apart from the possibility of more surprises, I will at last get my state pension.

No comments: