Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I was wrong

Life has taught me that, when you are wrong, you should simply admit to it. There is no point in trying to make excuses for your mistakes because people will see through you. Of course, it goes without saying that, whilst I am regularly wrong, Pam rarely makes a mistake and when she does it is usually my fault. Perhaps I should get her to write this blog. There might be fewer mistakes but you would have to wait a little longer in the mornings to read the first postings.

Where is this all going? Well, yesterday, I said that the rain would be lighter than it had been over the last couple of days. I was clearly a mile off the mark. Although it wasn’t bouncing off the paving like it was on Sunday, the rain was persistent. Once it started, it just went on and on in that dreary way that we remembered the rain did in England. It was the sort of rain that doesn't necessarily soak you through in minutes but after awhile your bones start to ache with it.

Now today, I am biting my tongue, reluctant to make any predictions. All that I can say is that, following a grey start, it is sunny at the moment and the skies are back to blue. Just how long it will stay that way is anybodies guess. You can put the bed sheets in the washing machine but don’t turn it on just yet.

1 comment:

Man United Dave said...

Keith - I'm going to keep my mouth firmly shut regarding the comments you have made in the first paragraph. Dave