Tuesday, September 08, 2009

What will they wake up to now?

I have to say at the outset, I have never been a fan of Terry Wogan. I always found him extremely irritating. His Irish accent and his style of humour never appealed to me at all. So his departure from Radio 2 will not affect me because, even if we could recieve the station here in Spain, I wouldn't listen to it.

When I was in the UK, I never listened to Radio 2 because I grew up with Radio 1 and the pirate radio station -Radio Caroline which I loved.

Even though I am not a fan, I do have to concede that Wogan was immensely popular. He hosted the prime time breakfast programme for as long as anyone can remember and has amassed the largest audience the station enjoys. Over 8 million people tune in each morning to listen to the 71 year old. That is some audience.

The new presenter will apparently be Chris Evans who famously flashed his naked ginger body on TGFI and was sacked from Virgin Radio for being too controversial. No doubt he has matured since then but nether the less, I know many of Wogan's fans will hate him among them our friends Glenys and Peter.


No comments: