Wednesday, May 04, 2011

¡Enhorabuena!

Those of you who were at the Father’s Day concert given by the Unión Musical de Bigastro will recall that the president of the band, Emilio Saez, made his retirement speech on that occasion. I remember it well because he made me very proud by thanking me for my work taking photographs.

Of course Emilio’s retirement meant that the band would have to elect a new president.

I’ve heard on the grapevine that the choice has been made and that the new president will be our very good neighbour, Pepe Robles Grau. I don’t know whether this is meant to be kept under wraps, if it is then I have let the “cat out of the bag” and I can only apologise for that.

I am sure that everyone in the town will be delighted with the choice. Pepe will make an excellent successor to Emilio who did so much to promote the band. I am certain that Pepe will take the band to even greater heights than before.

PS As an added advantage, I will only have to walk across the road to deliver my CDs of photos to the new President; I only hope he likes them as much as Emilio did!

No comments: