Thursday, December 29, 2016

We're back

Actually we came back on Tuesday night! Two trips to England within the month - barely time to empty the cases.

This last trip was different though. The last time we were in England for Christmas was when Molly was just one year old. That time there was snow on the ground and the temperatures dropped to well below zero. This time it was mild with only a touch of frost on two mornings. In fact we only had rain on one day courtesy of a storm that blew in from the Atlantic.

With two excited children you can imagine that it was a very full programme for the week - a visit to Santa Claus, a Carol Concert, a meal out on Christmas Eve and of course preparations for the big day itself.

Boxing Day can sometimes be a let down but not this time. My family organised a surprise pre-birthday party for me.  My birthday isn't until the 3rd January but I will be in Spain then so they made Boxing Day my unofficial 70th birthday.

I can tell you that I was totally unaware of what was going on in the dining room, the banners, the special cake and the bag full of presents all assembled without me even guessing.

As you may imagine, all this means that this trip will be one that I will remember for a long, long time to come. Two delightful grandchildren, my daughters, my son in law, his parents and a sprinkling of friends made it extra special.

No comments: