Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Daily Depressor

Looking through the posts of the last week or so, they mostly seem to be about doom and gloom; councillors arrested, flooding, the poor exchange rate, drunken Brits, Spanish drivers etc etc.

I'm not normally a down in the mouth sort of person. I'd like to think that people generally find me cheerful and jovial - "Always look on the bright side of life" , as they sang in Monty Python's Life of Brian. You wouldn't think so though after reading this blog.

I will obviously have to try harder and find some good news to pass on otherwise reading this blog will become a bit like picking up some of the  daily English papers. By the time you've got to the back page, you feel like slitting your throat. I don't want anybody to suffer depression after reading my blog. God forbid that you should have to reach for the bottle of pills -I couldn't forgive myself for that.

Now, where can I go to find some good news?

No comments: