Bigastro is a socially aware town: the disabled, the elderly and the infirm are all cared for by a community that hasn’t forgotten those who are worse off.
Pam's father suffers from dementia so we know how stressful this can be both for the person and for their relatives.
The Association of Relatives of Patients of Alzheimer "Acuérdate de mí" in Bigastro, in collaboration with the Council of Social welfare has organised a series of activities to celebrate Alzheimer Day.
- There will be information available at the Thursday market on the 3rd, 10th and 17th of this month.
- A Gymkhana de Games for children has been organised for Wednesday 16th of September at 6pm in the Parque Municipal Huerto del Cura. In addition there will be mask making and a drawing competition on the theme, “How I see grandfathers”
- finally a Rastro Benéfico is planned for Sunday 20th of September from 10:00am in the Parque Municipal Huerto del Cura.
As you can see, the Association is not using this occasion to try and raise money, just awareness.
For those interested in helping people suffering from Alzheimer’s or other forms of dementia there is a course organised as follows:-
The course runs on the 1st, 15th, 22nd and 29th of October from 6 to 8opm in the Sala Polivalente at the Auditorio Municipal "Francisco Grau"and will be delivered by professionals from the Association:
- Mª José Moreno: Physiotherapist
- Carolina Garci'a: Occupational therapist
- Raquel Bañón: Social worker
- Marina Baró: Psychologist