Saturday, April 11, 2020

I never thought I would say this

Just as last year, when it rained on Easter Sunday, I will not be getting up at 6am tomorrow to be down in Bigastro for 7am. Although I will probably enjoy the extra hours in bed, I'd still prefer the dawn call.

Last year, for the first time since we came to Spain, the Encuentro was staged inside the church. I figured it would not be good for photographs because of the number of people crowding inside from the rain. There were photographs posted on Facebook that kind of proved me right but still made me regret not going down to make an attempt. 

The first time I went down to watch the ceremony was in 2008. For some reason I missed 2009 but was there 2010, and 2011. Again I missed 2012 when I overslept. 2013 I was there and in 2014, 2015 and then 2017 and 2018. I recall that we were in England visiting our family in 2016.

As you might imagine, I have a fair sized archive of photographs of these events. I also have video because in 2014 I took video rather than stills.

From 2009

No comments: