When we first arrived we wanted an Internet connection and a phone but there were very few options available to us. Now it seems there are so many it is difficult to choose. These are some of the choices:-
- First we have the hybrid Wi-Fi/microwave connection via Clear Communications. Since it seems to be impossible to contact them it would be very difficult for new customers to sign up. Cost 40,60€ per month. Set up cost was originally 600€ including a phone.
- There is the Aeromax route which uses Wimax and costs 45€ per month for a phone and a 512Mb connection with a 500€ set up fee.
- Then we have the Bigastrel Wi-Fi system which offers 1Mb for 8,33€ per month with no set up fee but you would need a wireless router.
- Once we have the phone lines we can take advantage of a Tele2.com offer of 32,90€ per month for 1Mb ADSL including a free router, national calls and line rental.
- Finally skyDSL offer a satellite connection for 9,90€ per month which includes 500Mb per month of download at 2Mbs. The uplink is via a mobile phone which is an additional cost. Until the end of April their offer includes a free PCI card, free satellite dish and free set-up.
So you pays your money and makes your choice!
Oh how easy it is for my daughter in England. She has a 6Mb ADSL connection which costs her £6.50 per month.