Monday, August 04, 2008

My latest toy!

Actually it is a joint Anniversary present that Pam and I have bought for each other.

After looking at digital photo frames for some time and dismissing them as just a gimmick that we might use now and again, I realised that they could actually be useful.

I take lots of digital photos but only print out a selection of them. We already have boxes and boxes of photos from the days when we used film. We don't have room for even more boxes of the digital photos that I take. In any case it takes time and ink to print out loads of photos that we might look at once and then store away. That seems a waste.

It isn't really convenient to view the photos on my computer especially if there are a few of us wanting to look at them at the same time. You have to switch the computer on, wait for Windows to load, navigate to the folder where they before you start viewing. This is where the digital photo frame comes in.

All I have to do now is to transfer the pictures we want to look at to the frame and bingo we can go through an album of photos. Connect the frame to the TV via the HD connection and we can see the photos in high definition the size of the screen. Imagine what it would cost to produce prints the size of a TV.

I've even considered scanning our old pictures to store on memory cards. That way a box full of photos in packets becomes one tiny SD card. If we wanted to relive memories of holidays in the past e.g. all we'd have to do is select the appropriate card and watch them on the TV.

You see, I can talk myself into anything - given enough time!!

No comments: