Monday, December 15, 2014

40 + years on

DSC01507 In the early 60s I went to see the Who at Sheffield University. Unfortunately, only Pete Townsend turned up, the rest were stuck on the motorway.
DSC01510 When Pam found that the band were playing a 50 year anniversary tour and they would be playing at Manchester, I booked tickets.

Last Saturday was therefore the concert to make up for what I had missed.

I’d heard that their Glasgow concert was excellent and so looked forward to seeing one of my favourite bands playing live. They did not disappoint. A two and one half hour set that took us from Can’t Explain to Magic Bus. There were many show stoppers included with some amazing solos by Townsend on guitar and Zack Starkey on drums was just as brilliant as Keith Moon ever was.

The icing on the cake was an unbelievable bass solo played on screen by the late John Entwistle and Keith Moon singing on possibly the only track he was allowed to.

No comments: