Monday, July 25, 2016

A day for celebration

I have just had the last of my 28 sessions of radiotherapy so no more early morning trips to Elche for awhile at least.

The next step is to make an appointment with the Urologist at Vega Baja to start the monitoring process. However, that won't start for a few months because the injection I had to lower the level of testosterone lasts for six months. Only after that will blood tests reveal whether my PSA has started to drop as a result of the radiotherapy.

When the effects of radiotherapy wear off over the next couple of weeks, I will need fewer trips to the toilet and my energy levels should increase.

Again, I should like to thank those who have enquired about my well being.In particular I thank Jim Ryder who wrote a supportive comment on my blog and came around yesterday to check how I was coping with the treatment. Those of you who have faced cancer will agree that the support of friends and relatives during the process of treatment is a vital if you are to keep a positive attitude.

No comments: