Sunday, August 06, 2006

That was awful

Last night both the temperature and the humidity were lower than they have been since our return from the UK. The air con in the bedroom had brought the temperature even lower so I was set for a really good night's sleep. Even the cricket outside which had been making a row all day was silent.

Just as I got to sleep someone started setting off fireworks. I could see them through the window so they must have been up at the Pedrera. Never mind excitement finished, turn over and go back to sleep.

Once I was nicely asleep, my phone alterted me that I had a message. Jemma was telling me that they were just going to bed at Pam's father's house. It was midnight in the UK but of course 1:00am in Spain. I can't tell you how pleased I was to read that they had had their Ovaltine and were ready for bed.

The final straw though was at 3:00am when I was woken up by a b**** disco. I don't think is was the Metro club down the road. They play hard core clubbing music which comes over as thumping drums and bass. This was more melodic but equally unwelcome at that time of night.

The only course of action was to close the window and hope that would keep the sound out. It must have worked because I slept then until 8:30 without disturbance. Just as well that Pam isn't here - she would be spitting feathers this morning.

No comments: