Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Almost finished

The cartridges arrived yesterday (third time lucky) so I managed to get the final 18 pages of the wedding album printed. I asked the delivery man why they hadn't been delivered on Thursday or Friday. He didn't know anything about Thursday but said there was too much to deliver on Friday.

I've sent Best Prints an email complaining. Apart from anything else they currently offer a free HP bag for orders placed by registered customers and they now use express delivery for all orders. Anything quicker than the nine days I had to wait would be an improvement.

When I had finished printing I went to see Les on the other side of the estate. Les is having problems connecting his analogue phone to VoIPtalk. He has a Linksys adapter which connects to his Internet router and converts his analogue phone to a VoIP signal. There is obviously a problem with the adapter because when he connects his phone the phone light on the adapter stays blank. I brought the Linksys back to my house and tried connecting to my DHCP enabled router and found that it doesn't show a connection to that either. It's not a case of the "lights are on but there is nothing there" the lights aren't even on!

I'm no expert but I'd guess that a VoIP phone connected directly to the ethernet router is Les' best solution.

No comments: