Sunday, February 18, 2007

Technology - humbug

It seems my emails are eventually filtering through. My daughter Laura received one of the four emails I sent her three days after it was sent. Even the Post Office can delivers faster than that. One email I sent to two people arrived in one inbox but not the other. So it is hit an miss at the moment.

Somewhere in Cyberspace there must be a virtual depot where unsent emails are kept. This high tech warehouse probably has thousands of emails all waiting to be re-transmitted to the rightful owners. I imagine it is a bit like the airport baggage reclaim lounges which have stacks of cases waiting to be re-directed to the right airport.

Sometime in the future Laura will receive all the other versions of the same message with notes explaining why they weren't delivered on time.

Perhaps not.

No comments: