Wednesday, September 24, 2008

A lousy night's kip

Most nights I just fall asleep within seconds of my head hitting the pillow. Last night though I just couldn't get off for what seemed like hours. It wasn't as if I had something on my mind to keep me awake - I really have no explanation.

If that wasn't bad enough, I woke up at some ungodly hour tormented by a mosquito bite which I assume I got whilst putting the cover on  the BBQ late last night. The bite was both itching and burning in equal measures. I admit that, in my half awake state, I resorted to scratching which just made it worse. So eventually I had to stagger to the bathroom to find the cream. Once that had soothed the bite, I drifted back to sleep only to wake again a few hours later with my head soaked in sweat. I reckon I must have only had about six hours sleep at most.

If you meet me today and I seem a little vacant or worse still tetchy, you'll know the reason why.

PS Does anybody know when these bloody insects are going to sod off and leave us alone?

No comments: