Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Cheats rarely win

To renew part of my driving license, I had to attend a medical at the clinic in Bigastro. The tests included, eyesight, hearing, hand grip, blood pressure and hand-eye coordination. At the end of the tests I was given the certificate I needed to apply for an extension of my licence.

As it happens, I’m glad I had the test  because it brought the problem of my high blood pressure to my attention. 

The system is open to abuse though. It seems that a centre in Ondara, which also has branches in Calpe, Benissa and Callosa d’En Sarria, has been giving out the health certificates for a fee without those applying for them undergoing any examinations.

Following undercover surveillance by police, a  53-year-old doctor, a 74-year-old optician and a 40-year-old psychologist are among the six professionals who have been taken in for questioning.

I can tell you that, in Bigastro, there is no chance of cheating the system.

No comments: