Thursday, February 26, 2009

My Project 365

At the beginning of this month, I posted an item about my friend Pete who I used to work with and mentioned that he'd started a Project 365 on Flickr at the beginning of this year. The deal is that you take and post a photograph each day for a year. Pete's pictures for his project are unbelievably good; putting many of my efforts to shame.

In one of his emails, Pete suggested that I might want to start a Project 365 of my own. With all the money I have set aside in camera equipment and my love of Photoshop, this was a suggestion I could not refuse.

I am really enjoying taking photographs for this project (thank you Pete for encouraging me). It makes me think about what subjects I might choose and how I should go about getting a decent photograph of them.

You can browse my photographs at http://www.flickr.com/photos/elwillo/and even make comments on them as long as you have a Yahoo account.

Be warned though, once you have done that you might be inspired to start a Project 365 yourselves. Please let me know if you do.

I cheat a little

As you will discover, most of my pictures are not 'art' - that is not the idea. They do however tell a story of my day to day life and the things that interest me.

Before any sharp eyed people point it out; I confess that some of my photographs were taken on a different day to the one they were posted on. My excuse is that I don't always go out each day and some days I might find several subjects worth taking. I'm sorry but I'm not prepared to waste a good snap just to stay within the rules!

NB Those of you who use Firefox as a browser will find that the CoolIris plugin works on Flickr albums.

Pete's comment:

I'd recommend any of your blog followers to check out the gallery.

It really augments what you post here, particularly for those of us not based in Spain.

And the photos are great!

Shucks Pete I'm blushing now.

1 comment:

Pete said...

I'd recommend any of your blog followers to check out the gallery.

It really augments what you post here, particularly for those of us not based in Spain.

And the photos are great!