The Ayuntamiento in Bigastro recognise the need to retrain some of those people who might have traditionally found work in the ailing construction industry. They are also keen to develop skills that might bring unemployed people back into work by offering free courses for them.
The Concejalía de Fomento in Bigastro along with the Asociación de Autónomos de la Comunidad Valenciana are organising free courses directed to individuals who are in employment or who are unemployed.
- Basic Office automation: 30 hours (32 students of which 10 can be unemployed)
- Commercial English: 50 hours (15 students of which 4 can be unemployed)
- Food handling: 10 hours (20 students of which 6 can be unemployed)
- Basic English level 1 COMMERCE: 50 hours (15 students of which 3 can be unemployed)
- Basic English basic level 1 HOTEL TRADE: 50 hours (15 students of which 3 can be unemployed).
This might seem like scratching the tip of the iceberg but it is clearly a good start and a worthwhile venture.